Sometimes you will find that you’re in need of a high quality, portable flash system for use with your Nikon camera. After all, you never know when the right scene will come up but there won’t be the proper lighting available for it. Well, this can now be a thing of the past thanks to the Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight flash.
While Nikon has made portable flashes in the past, this one is different. Not only does it provide more power and greater depth-of-field control but it makes flash photography simple and fun too. Of course, there are also a lot of great features here as well.
- Both portable and versatile.
- Optimized for use with Nikon’s CLS (Creative Lighting System)
- Able to deliver precise flash exposure and seamless performance regardless of the lighting
- Freeing whenever you want to choose your own creative lighting because it will bounce up 90 degrees and down 7 degrees, offering an overall 360 degree rotation
- Usable as a wireless master, as a commander or as a remote light source
- Able to be used as a remote Speedlight whereby it can control two remote groups and numerous compatible Speedlights
- Equipped with four wireless channel options that help you manage the wireless conflicts that can be found in multi-photographer environments
- Able to smoothly cover lenses ranging from 24mm to 120mm thanks to its versatile auto power zoom coverage
- Capable of locking in a specific flash output for your main subject
- Equipped with three light distributions patterns that can easily be chosen between with the slide of a switch: standard (for general illumination), center-weighted (for portraits) and even (for indoors)
- Capable of keeping itself from overheating by increasing the flash time recycle whenever it starts heating up
- Easy to use the controls and menus or set up the master controls
- Able to automatically identify other filters you may be using
- Capable of automatically telling the difference between FX and DX format then optimize lighting accordingly
- Able to upload performance enhancement developments if you so desire
Ultimately it’s up to you to decide whether or not this flash will meet your needs. The overwhelming majority of people who have purchased this flash have been quite satisfied with it. So, if you find that it has what you need, you should give it a try because more than likely you’ll find that it works well for you too.
Guided Video Tour of Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash
A good video is worth a thousand words/photos. We highly recommend watching this video if you’re considering buying this gear.